New York, USA
, a state in the eastern United States, has an area of 54,555 square miles (141,297 square kilometers) and a population of 20,201,249 people as of 2022 estimates. It is bordered by Canada and the states of Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, with Lake Erie and Lake Ontario to the west and the Atlantic Ocean to the southeast. Rivers such as the Hudson, St. Lawrence, Delaware, and Niagara form parts of its boundaries. The Adirondack Mountains are located in the northeast while the Catskills are in the east.
Once based largely on manufacturing in cities such as Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse, New York's economy is now dominated by service industries in New York City. It was admitted to the United States on July
26, 1788 and is also known as the ‘Empire State’. Its state motto is “Excelsior (Ever Upward)” and its state bird is the Eastern Bluebird. The rose is the state flower and its state song is “I Love New York”. There are 29 representatives from New York in the United States House of Representatives. The time zone for the state is Eastern (GMT -5 hours).
- New York State Museum - huge museum tracing New York's natural and cultural past, including 9/11 artifacts and an 1890s carousel.
- Schuyler Mansion State Historic Site - circa-1762 mansion and Revolutionary War outpost once visited by George Washington now offers tours.
- USS Slater - last remaining WWII-era destroyer escort ship afloat in the U.S., with tours of galley, guns, and quarters.
- Huck Finn's Playland - old-school amusement park, built in 1951, with kiddie rides, games, and concessions.
- City of Albany Official Website - official website of the city of Albany, providing municipal information and services
- University at Albany - official website of the University at Albany, a public research university
- Albany Institute of History and Art - official website of the Albany Institute of History and Art, one of the oldest museums in the United States
- Palace Theatre Albany - official website of the Palace Theatre, a historic theatre in downtown Albany
- Zoo New York - official website of Zoo New York, the main zoo in the state of New York
- Albany Empire - official website of the Albany Empire, a professional indoor football team